The building is unavailable for rent during the summer pool season.
|Non-member with member sponsor
|Non-profit with kitchen
**If fee waived by the GACC Board
Rental Requirements & Rules
- Renters must be referred by a current GACC member in good standing in order to rent the building for any function
- Renters of the Glen Allen Community Center must be at least 21 years of age
- Reservations will be confirmed and considered complete only after all forms are signed, and applicable fees and deposits are paid in advance
- Payment of Rental Fee and Damage/Compliance Deposit Fee will occur no less than 2 weeks (10 business days) prior to date of event. Payments are accepted in the form of personal check, cashier’s check or cash. In the event the building is rented within 14 days from the original request, the payments must be in the form of cash or cashier’s check.
- Access to pool area is prohibited at all times. Rental is for building use only
- Renter shall ensure activity is contained inside building at all times
- No loitering in the parking lot during event
- Parental supervision required for individuals under 18 years of age. One parent on premises per ten (10) individuals under age 18.
- In event of inclement weather, the GACC board has the right to cancel any events scheduled for the building for the safety of individuals
Damage/Compliance Deposit Fee
This fee will be refunded if the conditions of the rental are met. Conditions which lead to withholding part or all of the Damage/Compliance Deposit Fee include, but are not limited to:
- Clean up is not completed as outlined in rental contract.
- Use of building exceeds the scheduled rental time.
- GACC equipment is damaged or stolen during rental period.
- Alcohol is served, or is on premises without an approved ABC License.
- Inappropriate behavior by those individuals attending the function while building is being rented that results in a complaint by neighborhood individuals or that involves a Henrico County Police response.
- Loud music coming from building after 11p.m.
- Smoking inside of the Glen Allen Community Center Building.
- Staples, tacks, nails used on the walls/ceiling of the Glen Allen Community Center. (Tape may be used but MUST be removed).
- Function is not maintained inside the building. (Carrying over to the parking lot).
Available Rental Hours
- Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday and Saturday, 8:00 am – 12:00 midnight
Catering and Kitchen Use/Alcohol Policies and Permits
- Renters may provide their own food and beverages, or they may utilize professional caterers for their event. Use of the kitchen is included in the rental fee and will be available to renter if requested. Renter is responsible for the condition of the kitchen and for the caterer in charge of renter’s event. Kitchen must be returned to the same condition in which it was found at the beginning of event. Damage to kitchen equipment will result in loss of Damage/Compliance Fee.
- Use of alcohol is allowed only with an alcohol permit
- Alcoholic beverages may be neither sold nor consumed at an event officially designated as a “youth event” (i.e., an event at which a majority of the attendees are individuals under 21 years of age)
- State law prohibits the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors or to anyone who is or appears to be under the influence of alcohol to a reasonable person
The GACC may require, as a condition for renting the GACC, that police officer(s) be present at a rental event. Security may be required for, but not limited to, the following:
- The honoree is under 21 years of age
- The event is open to the public
- The event is private and attendance is over 100 people. The GACC Board has the right to review and assign Police Security, to be paid for by the renter in excess of the Building Rental Fee and Damage/Compliance Fee on a case by case basis. Renter will be notified of Board’s decision before contracts signed and rental fees paid.